Crawley Sheds and Cabins Limited/Us/We
By making a purchase of goods or services from us, or providing your contact details to us in store, when visiting our website www.crawleyshedsandcabins.co.uk, placing an order or by communicating with us online, in writing, or by telephone, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in his policy.
What Information Do We Collect?
In general, you can visit our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. In operating our site and our telephone services, we may, however, collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us:
- You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our site, in store, by communicating or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, when you use our telephone services, search for a product, place an order, submit reviews / images, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site or blog or hosted by us, enter a competition, promotion or survey, request a brochure, request a call back from one of our advisors, when you speak to an advisor, when you report a problem with our products and services.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Please note that your telephone calls with us may also be recorded for training and quality control purposes.
- Information we collect about you
During each of your visits to our sites, any communications with us, or use of our telephone service we may automatically collect the following information:
- The telephone number which you use to call us from;
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, the country, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, and combine such information with information we hold about you - including where:
- We communicate with members of your family or your household in relation to provision of our services or products (for example, to arrange for delivery);
- Our trusted partners have collected information about you, and you have consented to disclosure to us. For example, we may match your records with a list of email addresses provided to us by a third party;
- Information is available about you publicly or is aggregated or anonymised by a third party. For example, we may apply demographic analysis of your postcode such as average household size, and average income, and the general location;
- You provide information to us through your use or interaction with our social media channels.
How long we will store your information
We will hold your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation to you and to carry out any other purpose outlined in this policy.
Sensitive Personal Data
Unless we make it clear otherwise, our policy is not to ask for any sensitive personal data. We or our service providers may require certain sensitive data to process your order, fulfil a service, or deal with your enquiries. For example; if you have special requirements for delivery due to a medical condition or are exempt from VAT, we may require data relating to your physical or mental health in order to make arrangements as requested by you.
How We Protect your Personal Data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and take action to prevent such from occurring.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us to use it. We may request consent from the other person to confirm that they have freely given their permission.
How your personal information is used
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide a direct response to a request for details of products, services, and other information
- For the purpose of our legitimate interests to provide you with information, products, and services that we believe may be of interest to you or to provide you with details of offers available to you via our website and in-store from which you may benefit
- To notify you about changes to our products and services
- To provide you with information relating to the use and maintenance of our products and services
- For the compliance with or fulfilment of any legal obligation
- Where we have your consent for the use of your data via cookies or the submission of information via our website, telephone, email, fax, and in-store in accordance with this policy
Information you give to us - We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
You are able to opt out or unsubscribe from receiving this information at any time using the option included in any email correspondence or by contacting us with your details to remove you from our system or by selecting the appropriate ‘unsubscribe’ button on any email received.
Disclosure of Information
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information, we may be obliged to do so.
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us or for one of our service providers. Such individuals or organisations may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where your personal information is disclosed to any of our service providers for these purposes, they will only have access to the information needed to perform their functions, and our contractual agreements with them do not permit them to use your personal information for their own purposes. We also take steps to help ensure that they will process it in compliance with the Act.
What happens if there is a breach?
If we believe there has been a breach, we will inform you within 72 hours and will take immediate action to resolve.
Please be advised, if you are under 16 years of age, we require the consent of your parent or guardian in order to store your information for the purposes outlined in this policy.
Cookies are tiny files that help track the use of the site and personalise your journey. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can recall the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
This would also be a common experience of reduced functionality across many websites.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on us, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from us, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Our business partners that may set cookies include but are not limited to:
* Response Tap
How Do I Opt-Out of Cookies?
You can manage the cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use. You can also ask to be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies using the most popular internet browsers below:
Find out which internet browser you use
1. On a PC: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select 'About'
2. On an Apple Mac: click on the Apple menu and select 'About' (make sure the browser is open)
Opting out of cookies in Internet Explorer
1. Choose 'Tools'
2. Click on 'Internet Options'
3. Click the 'Privacy' tab
4. Move the slider to choose your settings
5. For more detailed privacy settings click on 'Advanced'
Opting out of cookies in Safari
1. Choose 'Preferences' from Safari menu
2. Select 'Security'
3. Cookie settings are shown
4. Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Google Chrome
As a default, Google Chrome allows all cookies. You can manage the behaviour of first-party and third-party cookies or even block them completely.
1. Click on the 'Tools' menu
2. Select 'Options'
3. Click the 'Under the Bonnet' tab
4. Find the 'Privacy' section
5. Click 'Content settings'
6. Click the 'Cookie settings' tab and choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Mozilla Firefox
You can configure which sites are allowed to set cookies, how long to keep them for, and view and manage your existing cookies.
1. Click on 'Menu', then 'Options'
2. Select 'Privacy'
3. Select 'Cookies'
4. Choose your settings
Right of Access
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation. You may lodge an access request for free, but depending upon the personal information you request, we may impose a charge to recover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such charge upon receiving your access request and will confirm with you whether you wish to proceed and pay such charge. To submit a Subject Access Request, please complete the following form and send back to us with all supporting documents required;